Coton de Tulear Puppies Available – Contact Us For Your Companion Coton de Tulear 928.499.0717
Our Coton de Tulear Puppies Are Strictly European Lineage With Major Titles, Crufts and World Champion Titles:
- Elvis Rico Bohemia Of Europe
- Cotonbrie Vercingtorie Of Europe
- BobMarley Of Europe
- Rifelin Lion King Of Europe
Sire and Dam Imported From Europe
Call For More Photos
Cotons In Our Lives Since 1999
Grand Parents are FCI [European] Champions
Great Grand Parents European Champions, International Champions and Grand Champions
Great Grand Parents JR World Champion 2005
World Champion In 2006
Crufts Winner In 2007
World Champion and Best Of The Breed in 2008
Coton de Tulear accepted into the FCI [ Federation Cynologique Internationale Kennel Club] in 1970 www.fci.be
The Coton de Tulear accepted into the UKC [United Kennel Club] in 1994 www.ukcdogs.com
The Coton de Tulear accepted into the AKC [ Kennel Club ] in 2014 www.akc.org
- Health Guarantee
- Excellent healthy bloodlines
- All Puppy Injections Current
- Three Exams From Our State Licensed Veterinarian
- Dew Claws Removed By Our Veterinarian
Feel free to call — let’s talk about COTONS !!!
Pronounced “Ko Tone Dih Too-Lay-Air”
Injections Current, Dew Claws Removed by a state licensed veterinarian, Three Veterinarian Exams, Microchip Implant And Written Health Guarantee, Puppies Are Taught To Go Outside To Potty Starting At Six Weeks Of Age We Never Use Pee Pads, Sand Boxes Or Any Means That Teaches The Puppy That Going Inside The House Is OK. Puppies go to their new home with a towel/blanket that has been with them since birth in a mesh bag next to the whelping box in a mesh bag, which will carry the scent of mom and the babies. Along with new toys, a new unused puppy harness and leash. NuVet vitamins, Life’s Abundance [ grain free ] holistic dry dog food. And our lifetime support.
Healthy, Health Tested, Yearly Health Evaluations – Testing’s – Injections, Socialized, Excellent Temperaments.
The FCI officially accepted the breed into their kennel club in 1970. The UKC date of officially recognizing the breed was on January 1st, 1996.
The Coton de Tulear should possess a base coat of “white”. Solid white and white with crème patches are 66% of all pure bred Coton de Tulears at birth. Tri color [ with a base coat of white ] is 33% of all pure bred Cotons at birth. The very rare black and white are less than 1% of all pure bred Cotons. The hair that is other than white fades as the Coton de Tulear matures. Fading to a very light crème, extremely light roan and the black fades to a super light silver.
The Coton de Tulear was banned from exporting from the island of Madagascar in 1992 due to the threat of extinction. Europeans have had the breed in their individual countries since 1950’s, if not earlier. Our Coton de Tulear have blood lines exclusively from Europe previously from Madagascar. Keep in mind that France’s presence in the western Indian Ocean dates to the early seventeenth century. The French established a settlement in southern Madagascar in 1634 and occupied the islands of Reunion and Rodrigues. The French recognized the Coton de Tulear many years ago. Written history about Madagascar in the 17th century mentions the small dog resembling a fox — with short legs living in the wild. Merchant ships traveled to and from Madagascar and Spain for many years.
In the 17th century Sir Etienne de Flacourt [1607-1660] the French governor of Madagascar, born in Orleans in 1607, he was named the governor of Madagascar by the French East Indian Company in 1648. Sir de Flacourt was a governor, historian and surveyor in Madagascar. In the 17th century Sir de Flacourt wrote about the dogs he saw in Madagascar “there are a lot of dogs that are small with a long nose and short legs, they look like foxes, some are white, some have small patches of mild color, the dogs are used for hunting the wild pigs”. Sir de Flacourt wrote a book in 1658 “Historie de la grande isle de Madagascar” first edition 1658, 2nd edition 1661.
Strictly Imported Parents [ Sire and Dam Coton de Tulear ] FCI Registration www.fci.be
The FCI Is The Worlds Largest Canine Organization
Blood Lines From Coton de Tulear Breeding Stations In Europe
Woodland Cottage Europe
Cotonbrie In Europe
Cartoonland In Europe
Blue Moon Cottage In Europe
Kelnot Toliary In Europe
Hello — if you are interested in a pure bred, healthy, happy and well adjusted from birth Coton de Tulear puppy please feel free to call or write to us. We service the entire USA, offer delivery of our Coton de Tulear puppies to an international airport near your home/location. Reference available upon request to those who have a serious interest in our Coton de Tulear puppies. Photos and bloodlines supplied to interested parties, we only allow adoptions to non breeding homes. Life time support and over 60 years combined experience in show, handling, agility, obedience with dogs and owning and raising farm animals. No in line breeding, no mixing of the breed past, present or in the future. Life time support and health guarantee. Questions please feel free to ask. 928.499.0717.
Our Mission Statement
We are not members of a Coton de Tulear club. Our mind set is that an “ethical, honest and trustworthy breeder” should be natural and honest behavior, plus possessing a deep devoted love and admiration for a breed. A club or membership does not create a breeder with those attributes –and is not “obtained” by a club membership or by having club members and authorities overseeing the breeder, or by imposing fines and punishment by the club to make sure breeder members are living up to a clubs written standard. Not everyone can be a ethical breeder. You must be willing to serve unlimited hours of work and care around the clock no matter the day of the week, then with puppies care the time factor increases profoundly. There is no fixed hours when working and nurturing the dam and puppies. It requires devotion, and an unlimited budget for expenses. Feeding your animals an excellent food source, health testing, yearly evaluations and health examinations, socialization, training [puppies] and spending quality time with your animals. Care and attention is primary, health testing in general and normal health care, veterinarian routine visits and inoculations.
- Mating’s/breeding takes place at our veterinarians office
- Imported Sire and Dam with FCI registration – parents are show and breeding quality with full registration at time of being imported
- Lineage Filled with Champions, International Champion World Titles plus Crufts winner and American titles too
- Healthy, happy, possessing exceptional temperaments, highly socialized, intelligent, loyal, loving, gentle, superior companions for a family of one or ten
- Parents health tested, ancestors health tested as well
- The Coton de Tulear puppy or adult “light up a room when they walk in”
- Our Coton de Tulears have went on in life to become K-9 Assisted certified for their owners, certified pet therapy, service canine, also those appearing in advertisements for a pet friendly resort and our retired Maggie Mae is an office mascot for a large dog food manufacturer in Mason, Ohio
- The Coton de Tulear was accepted by the FCI Kennel Club on September 2, 1970 in Belgium with France being the country of sponsorship. The FCI originated in 1911, today the FCI is the largest canine organization in the world. See official information from the FCI regarding the Coton de Tulear. www.fci.be
- When the general public became aware of the Coton de Tulear there were many designers breeds created to fill the need for the demand of the Coton de Tulear breed by prospective new owners. Always ask about the imported bloodlines as this breed has not been exported [legally] from the homeland of Madagascar since 1992
- The breed has been in Europe for several years before it was accepted by the FCI [ kennel club ], in 1970. Know your Coton de Tulears lineage/ancestry
- We are not members of a Coton de Tulear club or organization. We believe to be an ethical, honest and trustworthy Coton de Tulear breeder that should be a natural mind set and overall temperament and disposition of a human being, plus a deep devoted love and admiration for a breed. A club or membership does not create a breeder with those attributes — it should come naturally and not be “obtained” by a club membership or acquired by joining a group
- Important reading — we do not use topical treatments [ RX for fleas and ticks, etc. ] please read this article http://www.vetinfo.com/side-effects-fipronil-frontline-dogs.html we recommend natural cedar oil spray and lavender oil Coton de
Lineage Imported From Champion & International Champions Lineage And Health Tested
Pure bred Coton de Tulear puppies born in the world yearly are white or white and creme 66% of births. Tri color coats [ spotted not solid color ] are 33% of births. Less than 1% are the very, very rare black and white. We have never had the very, very rare black and white [spotted] Coton de Tulear. A pure blooded Coton de Tulear should possess a base coat of white.
Not many veterinarians know of the breed or have seen a Coton de Tulear in person. Not many people in general have knowledge of the breed.
If you are just discovering the Coton de Tulear, there is not much history written. History about the breed we found was in Europe. Keep in mind that the French occupied Madagascar for many, many years where the breed is from. The Europeans were the first to export the breed out of Madagascar into Europe as early as the 1950’s, some Europeans note that families owned a Coton in earlier years. The French began asking for the Coton de Tulear admission into the FCI in 1960’s. The FCI finally accepted the breed Coton de Tulear in 1970. The Coton de Tulear breed carry a happy energy about them, but not hyper. They possess a super temperament male or female. Are very intelligent, loyal, loving. They love water starting at a very young age. Often when we have puppies we find baby Cotons standing in their water bowls splashing and walking in the water having fun. Cotons love to snuggle and make great foot warmers in your bed at night. Cotons will follow you around in the house and be involved with what you are doing. They enjoy people of all ages, they have great patience with children and older people. Actually the Coton is a “big dog in a small body”. Very shocking to us when we discovered the Coton de Tulear, we expected all the negative things you hear about small breed dogs, that never happened. Our Cotons are thoroughly health tested, for all known diseases. Then as well they receive yearly blood panel work, thyroid blood tests, health exams and up dated x-rays, eye testing. The Coton de Tulear does not require frequent/mandatory exercise daily. But they do love to run and act funny and clownish. A Coton de Tulear has hair instead of fur. The Coton de Tulear sheds when groomed, or when brushed/combed, after a bath. The shedding/hair loss is much like human hair. Now and then we find small hair balls under my sofa or table, but no hair on furniture, clothing. Our Cotons enjoy a holistic dry dog food and vitamins daily.
Join Our Newsletter For Latest News